Medical oxygen and durable medical equipment (DME) companies exist to provide products and services for people with a variety of problems. Patients with conditions that require medical oxygen include those with a diagnosis of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Both chronic bronchitis and emphysema are considered part of COPD. Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance companies will pay for oxygen with a physician’s order and possibly other documentation, depending on your insurance company. Oxygen levels can be improved by the use of concentrators, liquid and compressed oxygen.
A wide range of medical equipment is available for home use. Mobility products such as wheelchairs, walkers, scooters, power chairs, crutches and canes can be obtained locally. Bedroom and bathroom aids include therapeutic pillows, bed rails, raised toilet seats, and bathtub safety rails.
QUESTIONS TO ASK:
1. Do you bill Medicare and where is your billing department located?
2. Do you have a Respiratory Therapist on staff, at which locations?
3. Do you have 24 hour service availability, from which location?
4. Do you offer a full line of durable medical equipment?
5. Do you offer conserving devices (pulsing units) to extend the life of the oxygen tank?
The following businesses listed are all participating members of Delta County Senior Resource Council.
Hartman Brothers Oxygen-Medical Equipment in Delta at (874-2828)
Grand Mesa Medical Supply (970) 241-0833
You are urged to contact all programs in your area and become an informed consumer.